What is it? Naturopathic physicians use it in prioritizing, individualizing and guiding treatment for their patients.
What is it? Naturopathic physicians use it in prioritizing, individualizing and guiding treatment for their patients. The therapeutic order works from least to most invasive interventions, from the inside out, from more general strategies, to more symptomatic, specific and targeted therapies. It includes seven steps that should be applied from the bottom up, increasing in intervention as needed to restore health. Central to the therapeutic order is that the order is not rigid, and is adapted to each patient…individualized.
The following are the seven components and stages of the therapeutic order.
1) Remove Obstacles to Health
2) Stimulate body’s self-healing mechanisms
3) Strengthen Weakened or Damaged Systems – Restore
4) Correct Structural Integrity
5) Use Natural Therapies to Address Pathology & Symptoms
6) Use Pharmaceutical or Synthetic Substances to Stop Progressive Pathology
7) Use High Force, Invasive Therapies to Suppress Pathology